ECO-Link offers a reduced interest rate on qualifying loans to homeowners completing energy-efficient upgrades, installing renewable energy products or weatherizing their homes. Eligible homeowners receive a 3% interest rate reduction on bank loans for five or seven years. The homeowner must use at least 50% of the loan proceeds for the installation of qualifying energy-efficient products; the other 50% of the loan can relate to other home improvement projects.
There are no fees for the preparation, processing, reporting or monitoring of any ECO-Link application to the Treasury. The application process is simple and easy to complete.
Eligible products and projects include, but are not limited to:
washing machines, dishwashers, furnaces, hot water heaters, freezers, refrigerators, heat pumps, air conditioners, windows, doors, roofing, insulation, septic tanks, boilers, programmable thermostats, geothermal units, solar panels and small scale wind turbines.
- Must be an Ohio resident
- Must own an existing home or condominium, but additional residential classifications may be eligible
- Must receive approval for a qualifying loan through a participating bank
- Must use at least 50% of the loan for the installation of energy efficient, renewal energy or weatherization projects; the other 50% can relate to other home improvement projects
- Must fully complete the ECO-Link application
- Must give the Treasury a copy of the quote from your contractor(s) completing the project, detailing the equipment being installed as well as pricing
- Must provide the Treasury receipts from all appliances or projects if installed by the homeowner
Assistance for homeowners and renters:
Low-income homeowners and renters may be automatically eligible for free energy-efficient improvements through the Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP), run by the Ohio Department of Development. Visit the HWAP
website for more information.