Where do I start?
Once a project is decided, please obtain pre-approval for a loan from a participating bank and establish an interest rate. Next, complete a user-friendly ECO-Link application with your bank and submit it to the Ohio Treasurer’s office. The application will then begin the approval process. Do I have to get an energy audit from a home rater to participate in the ECO-Link program?
No, it is not mandatory to get an energy audit to participate in ECO-Link. Some homeowners choose to have an energy audit to gain a better idea of how they can make their home more energy efficient. What are the steps for closing an ECO-Link loan?
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
- Talk with a banker to determine your eligibility to qualify for a loan.
- Receive a quote from a contractor or home rater.
- Give your ECO-Link application along with project quotes or receipts to your lender for submission to the Ohio Treasury.
- Once approved, close the loan with your bank.
- The bank will then disburse the funds to you directly or hold the funds until the contractor is able to be paid.
- Once the project is complete, provide your bank with proof of the project’s completion within 60 days.
Contact the Ohio Treasury, Department of Economic Development via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (614) 466-6546 or toll free at (800) 228-1102.